Friday, September 15, 2006

Evenly Yoked in Relationships

In the old days when farmers used oxen to plow the fields it was important to make sure the oxen were evenly yoked. If one of the pairs were slightly in front of the other the team would eventually make a circle?

How often do couples embark on plowing their field of life unevenly yoked? A believer and unbeliever will not have the same root moral beliefs which will become the foundation of their partnership.

It may not seem like a big deal at first. But over time this poorly yoked couple will get nowhere as they circle instead of progress forward. I pray that others may benefit from my failed attempt and not keeping God the center of my marriage and family.

I have recently realized that my past marriage of nine years was never evenly yoked. I left God and the bible to please a woman. I have now reaped what I have sown. I don't think my wife would even understand the importance of keeping God first in our lives. I have been broken and humbled. I am reminded to seek ye first the kingdom of God and all these things shall be added unto you.

It's the duty of the man to be the head of the family and spiritual leader. I have failed. Now I must rise above the past and pray humbly for strength and resolve. I pray my failed example of a marriage will help others realize that God as the foundation will see the couple through many troubles.

I put my trust and faith in God that all is happening in perfect order.
Thank you God for this chance at being the best I can be.

No comments: